Head of Department: Mrs U Divakaran
What will I study?
This qualification is designed for learners who want an introduction to business and enterprise that includes a vocational and project-based element. The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to pursue a career in the business and enterprise sector or progress to further studies. It is appropriate for learners who are motivated and challenged by learning through hands-on experiences and through content which is concrete and directly related to those experiences.
It encourages the learner to use knowledge and practical enterprise tools to prepare them for business. They will develop significant personal and vocational business skills that can be transferred to further study or employment.
This qualification shows learners how to:
• understand entrepreneurial characteristics and business aims and objectives
• legal structures, organisational structures and stakeholder engagement
• understand the marketing mix, market research, market types and orientation types
• understand operations management
• understand internal and external influences on business
• understand research, resource planning and growth for business
• understand human resource requirements for a business start-up
• understand sources of enterprise funding and business finance
• understand business and enterprise planning.
How will I be assessed
Student will be assessed by exam and coursework. There will be two opportunities to take the exam and the best marks are kept.
Anything else I need to know
Learners will develop skills and knowledge:
• in adapting their own ideas and responding to feedback
• in evaluating their own work
• analysing data and making decisions that are essential for the business and enterprise sector, such as evaluation skills; responding to data; independent working; working to deadlines; efficient use of resources.
The knowledge and skills gained will provide a secure foundation for careers in the business and enterprise sector