ICT & Digital Aplications
Head of Department: Mr T Grant
What will I study
- Pre-production skills
- Developing web products
- Creative Multimedia
- Digital animation
- Office skills
How will I be assessed
You will complete a range of coursework projects that will require you to apply your skills within a range of software’s to complete a given tasks. You will also sit two external examinations.
Anything else I need to know
- Equip young people with the skills they need to design and make, effective digital products for others to use
- Enable young people to use digital tools as a means of expression to inform, persuade and entertain
- Foster young people’s creativity and develop their independent learning skills
- Challenge young people to reflect on what they produce and strive for excellence
- Increase young people’s awareness of their responsibilities in the digital world
- Equip young people with professional, real-world skills in planning, project management and communication
- Give young people the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to support future learning and exploit the creative digital industries.
The increasing importance of information technologies means there’ll be a growing demand for professionals who are qualified in this field. The course is also an excellent preparation if you want to study or work in areas that rely on the skills you’ll develop, especially where they’re applied to creative problems. These areas include IT support, web design, multimedia content creation and using IT tools effectively in an office environment.