Sixth Form Curriculum
Our first 200 students will be uniquely advantaged as the only year group in the academy. They will benefit from a curriculum that is designed to deepen their knowledge of their subjects, the world around them and themselves.
The curriculum will include A levels and vocational qualifications from which students will choose. This will be supported by a co-curriculum which will include specific pathways for students interested in medicine and dentistry, law and business and finance as well as a broad extra-curricular offer and a character curriculum.
Our co-curriculum offer will include:
- Expert careers advice and pathways to enable students to compete for university places at the highest levels: mentoring, Oxbridge/Russell group pathways, entry test preparation classes.
- Competitive academic guilds, specifically supporting students into the worlds of finance, engineering, law, and medical/dentistry/ veterinary careers.
- Broader experiences such as university visits and guest speakers.
- Opportunities for students to engage in the act of learning beyond the curriculum, such as workshops, book clubs and seminars.
- Opportunities for students to belong to subject societies.
The character curriculum will enable our students to understand more of themselves by facing challenges and taking opportunities to experience leadership, for example:
- Opportunities for students to develop their character, such as the Duke of Edinburgh scheme, community projects and workshops.
- A strong tutor programme where current affairs will be explored, questioned, and debated.
- Contributing to their community by supporting the 11-16 school through academic mentoring and sports coaching and leadership.
The academy will be in a brand new and state-of-the-art building. Teachers will have all the resources they need to teach their subject to the highest level. Our teachers will be experts in their fields, with deep subject knowledge and exceptional ability to support, challenge and enthuse their students.