Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Virtual Learning Resources
We want you to be able to access as much support as possible at home whilst you are working remotely, including preparing for public examinations. This page explains how we will make the resources you need available to you.
Year 11. We are planning to use MS Teams to deliver lessons to Year 11. All Year 11 pupils have access to MS Teams and you will find your classes, subjects or year groups are already allocated in MS Teams. There’s lots of study materials and lessons for you to access both there and on this minisite. You can download MS Teams onto your devices at home and your mobile for free. Until we have more information, we are recommending that our year 11 pupils continue as normal. As we hear more we will update this guidance as appropriate.
Years 7-10. For these years, we will use Show My Homework to deliver work to complete independently. We will also use other online systems for setting work, such as Hegerty Maths, Bedrock Literacy and Sam Learning. All students should have logins for these systems but, if in doubt, contact your teacher. We are also uploading files to our HAR home learning resources folder (see link below), as a different way of accessing them.
Please do remember our etiquette for remote learning and how we interact to support one another.
In order to get the most out of the virtual learning systems we have in place, we have produced the following guides to assist you in getting started or if you experience difficulties.
- Downloading and installing a Free copy of Microsoft Office
- How to access Email, OneDrive, Teams and other Office 365 Apps.
- How to use Microsoft Teams
- Using Hegerty Maths
- Using Bedrock Literacy
- Using SAM Learning
- Using Show My Homework
You can also view and download subject-by-subject revision guides.
We are still developing this list but we hope you find it helpful.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zcbchv4 - GCSE Bitesize for Literature and Language
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM2vdqz-7e4HAuzhpFuRY8w - Mr Bruff’s Youtube Channel – Really good lessons on all of the literature and language topics to watch and revise from
- https://www.litcharts.com/lit/macbeth - Lit charts on Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Pigeon English
- https://www.sparknotes.com/ - More literature revision for the key texts
- https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/macbeth/ - No Fear modern translations of all of Macbeth
- https://quizlet.com/en-gb - website full of interactive quizzes on language and literature topics
- https://www.youtube.com/ - to watch full film versions of Macbeth or ACC to consolidate knowledge, or shorter animated tales/summaries
- https://www.memrise.com/apps/ - Literature and quote revision
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ - English Revision site
- https://www.bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
- www.edmodo.com Here you can access a wide variety of rich GCSE resources: Topic Based GCSE questions, Topic Tests, GCSE Practice Set Papers, Churchill Papers (Grade 7-9) and Revision grids
- BBC Bitesize
- KS4 Revision guides + workbooks
- AQA practicals - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aqa+required+practicals&safe=active
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zgp6mnb - Weimar & Nazi Germany
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQil7fsvemvnF3cmhnBFFQ - Crime and Punishment as well as other topics
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCb921qBR4&safe=active – Plots against Elizabeth
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4vMhY1EqE&safe=active – How to answer a 12 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildG-hMf86A&safe=active – How to answer a 16 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1MhGayfuQ&safe=active – How to answer a 4 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDdeyxToNV6zYYwDuaqey6Q - EDEXCEL guidance for all questions
- Quizlet (HAR)
- Duolingo's online German language learning programme
- Grammar activities on Lingolia
- Various resources from languagesonline.org.uk
- Flash cards, quizzes and more from getrevising.co.uk
- https://www.tutor2u.net/business (Revision Site)
- Revisionworld.com (Business past papers)
- BBC bitsize.co.uk (Edexcel business)
- qualifications.pearson.com (Business exam material)
- BBC bitesize.co.uk (Eduqas Computer Science)
- https://www.csnewbs.com/ (Revison Site)
- https://app.senecalearning.com/courses Seneca Learning Platform
- Gojimo the vocabulary revision App
- BBC Bitesize Drama Revision, example exam questions and quizzes - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zdb6xyc
- Eduqas.co.uk. GCSE Drama Digital Resources Tools. Design.
- Edmodo.com, Seneca
- Rock & Pop – Trinity School
Art and Design, Photography, Textiles
- Follow HGAED Art Department on Pinterest
- You tube Tate Shots for artist research
Physical Education/Sports Studies
- Specification and practice exam papers: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/sociology/gcse/
- You can use this site to test your revision: www.quizlet.com
- Edmodo (our class code) is: syduep
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zbbw2hv (education, families and crime and deviance ONLY)
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ (there are sociology resources here)
Food Preparation and Nutrition