Posted on September 14th 2020
Quality Mark in English and Maths for HAR
Harris Academy Rainham has achieved the Secondary Quality Mark in English and Maths.
The Quality Mark is an internationally-recognised award that is given to schools that show excellence in their provision in both English and Maths.
The school went through an external validation process which saw a virtual online visit from inspectors for a day, and also required a portfolio of evidence covering 11 strands which looked at :
- provision for students during lockdown including those students who are vulnerable
- outstanding provision in developing teachers and support staff practice (CPD)
- how we analyse data and use it to provide a personalised approach for the teaching and learning students receive in both English and Maths
- target-setting for pupils and also links with stakeholders
- evidence of monitoring of teaching and learning and how we ensure all staff progress
- evidence of improvement in both departments leading to outstanding outcomes for all students.
The inspector noted that both the Maths and English teams offer an outstanding education to their students and that staff have had extensive training and support to become excellent practitioners and deliver an outstanding education to the pupils of Harris Academy Rainham.
A huge well done to all our staff and students for this fantastic recognition!