Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on January 25th 2019
HAR Receives Health and Safety Award
Harris Academy Rainham is proud to have been awarded this month the Judicium Safety Award for health and safety.
The award is made by Judicium Education, the Harris Federation’s health and safety consultants who audit all of the Federation’s academies.
Judicium said that Harris Academy Rainham is well managed with suitable systems in place to ensure that the academy is a safe working environment for both students and staff.
“The overall health and safety culture within the academy is very productive, proactive and one which is always open to additional measures which will serve to enhance the overall health and safety compliance,” said inspectors. “This should be commended as compliance with the award follows strict health and safety management criteria.”
The Judicium criteria
In order for the school to achieve the Judicium Safety Award, we were assessed against the following criteria:
- The school has a satisfactory health and safety management system in place which has sound processes and procedures, and responsibilities properly allocated
- No serious breaches of health and safety regulations have been identified
- Risk assessment is considered to be suitable and sufficient, thorough and specific
- No high priority recommendations remain unaddressed
- No high priority fire risk assessment recommendations are outstanding
- A robust maintenance and inspection regime is in place
- Training needs have been identified and are being delivered.
"We are very proud to have received this recognition and I thank all our staff for working so hard to make Harris Academy Rainham such a safe and welcoming place to learn, in line with our ethos of Belong, Believe, Become," said Principal Gareth Stananought.